Jobs > Account Manager
Lightboard seeks an additional Account Manager to join our small-but-growing team. Our Account Managers run the show: they're the primary point of contact for our customers, and guide our team of designers to deliver high quality results efficiently and effectively.
The Account Manager role is part project management, part strategy, part therapist–and all about customer success.
We are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to major brands like 3M, Autodesk, and CA, as well as innovative younger companies like BloomReach, ExtraHop, and Usermind.
We believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Clients don't need dedicated creative agencies anymore—they've developed their own strategy and just need high-quality design to bring it to life, quickly and efficiently.
And that's what Lightboard does.
About The Job
Our account managers engage our customers and coordinate delivery with our design team.
Our typical customer is a B2B marketing manager at a medium to large company. She and her team need to keep up the pace with content marketing, display ads, and landing pages—and keep the sales team powered with infographics, presentations, case studies, and eBooks.
She has an established brand, and needs help maintaining quality and pushing the brand forward. But she doesn't have enough in-house design resources, and that's why she needs us.
For our customers, we're their go-to service for all things design. They request projects through our web-based system, and our account managers coordinate projects with customers and designers through our Lightboard platform—software written with the express purpose of making account management easier.
Each customer receives a single Account Manager; we assign accounts based on personality and specialization to provide the best match we can. The relationship starts with a discovery call, continues through planning the first quarter of a Membership Contract, and then builds through the execution of the projects. Our business is built around relationships, and customers stay with us for years and hundreds of projects.
"Account Manager" is a broad term and we recognize that. This position covers a lot of ground and you don't have to be great at all of them.
If you have a ton of experience managing design projects and tricky customers–awesome! If your passion is understanding customer's problems and explaining how our product solves them–awesome! If you're a gifted communicator and want to help us share our solution through sales and outreach–awesome (and check out our SDR post).
We're building an accounts team and need players with skills that complement each other. In your cover letter, tell us how you'll shine.
How it works:
- Full-time position in our downtown Seattle office.
- Guide clients through allocating their quarterly budgets and creating briefs.
- Work with design team and clients on deliverables and deadlines.
- Nurture first-time customers into long-term clients.
- Ensure client happiness and cultivate relationships.
- Typical client engagements are $5k - $50k over 1Q to 1Y, with high retention.
What you need:
- Extraordinary communication skills.
- Experience working within an agency environment.
- Experience working with marketing managers (or as one).
- Excellent grasp of modern marketing campaigns and platforms (i.e. Marketo, Hubspot, Salesforce)
How to know if you're a great fit:
- Analytical approach to improve process.
- Excited by new beginnings and solving problems.
- Interested in making a direct impact in a growing company.
- Delighted by delivering a product that solves a pain point for our customers.
- Intrigued by the way software can solve the design problems facing marketing departments.
Super-duper bonus points:
- Experience working in an early-stage company.
- Entrepreneurial drive to make things happen.
- Enormous collection of cat GIFs.
- Expertise at starting bullet points with E.
Lightboard is a young company—we’ve just had our third birthday. We're looking for awesome people to help us figure out how to grow Lightboard over the next five years—and to make it happen.
Our office is in downtown Seattle. We are venture-funded, with veteran agency and startup founders.
Why Lightboard might be a great fit for you:
- Great customers who love us (read the reviews).
- Progressive and open workplace with 50/50 gender diversity.
- Collaborative work environment with focus on growth and development.
- Transparent culture. No bureaucracy, no secrets.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Never work on your birthday.
- 401k plan
- Unlimited-ride ORCA Card.
- Stock options.
What else? Every team member receives a new Macbook Pro, 4k monitor, and all the fixings. Regular team events, team lunches every Friday, and all the LaCroix you can drink.
To apply for this position, please upload your resume, your favorite cat GIF—and tell us why you think Lightboard might be a good fit for you.
Protip: applications with cat GIFs will be more closely considered than those without. Doggos are an acceptable alternative. Please don't send us boilerplate cover letters. We're a different kind of company, and we're looking for applicants who will take the time to get to know Lightboard before applying.
Applications handled by Hire with Google
(you will be redirected to 'withgoogle.com')
Lightboard is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination.