Jobs > Designer (In-House)
Lightboard seeks a great designer to join our small-but-quickly-growing team.
If you have agency or in-house experience designing marketing material for major brands, are interested in craftsmanship and process, and want to work with a great team–read on, my friend, read on.
We are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to major brands like 3M, Autodesk, and CA, as well as innovative younger companies like BloomReach, ExtraHop, and Usermind.
We believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Clients don't need dedicated creative agencies anymore—they've developed their own strategy and just need high-quality design to bring it to life, quickly and efficiently.
And that's what Lightboard does.
About the job
Our in-house designers are our superstars.
With a diverse range of skills, we trust our designers to delight our customers. We support our design team with experienced project and account managers, who handle logistic, budget, and strategic issues so our designers can focus on design.
This is a position where you get to work with a lot of different clients, brands, and styles. Most projects are wrapped up in a few days, and our collaboration software keeps feedback and assets organized. Attention to detail, dedication to the craft of design, and a positive attitude are a must.
We design presentations, PDFs, websites, display ads, and social media. We also do quite a bit of editorial illustration and icon design. We don't expect one person to be great at all types of design, and try to assign the right person for the project. We are looking for a well-rounded designer who is strong in layout, composition, and detail-oriented. Illustration is a major plus.
How it works:
- Full-time position in our downtown Seattle office.
- Coordinate daily with Lightboard account managers and customers.
- Humane hours. We set client expectations so we don't work nights and weekends.
- Thoughtful engagement with clients to elevate their brand and marketing.
What you need:
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Expertise with professional design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Solid experience with presentation design (PowerPoint and Keynote).
- Strong portfolio of branding, layout, and digital design for modern B2B companies.
- Great attitude and client skills. Our customers aren’t always right, and we sometimes need to (gently) show them the right path.
Super-duper bonus points:
- Experience with light web development (HTML, CSS, WordPress, and email templates).
- Entrepreneurial drive to fix problems and make things happen.
- Extraordinary collection of funny cat GIFs.
- Expertise in starting each item in a bulleted list with the same letter.
Lightboard is a young company—we’ve just had our third birthday. We're looking for awesome people to help us figure out how to grow Lightboard over the next five years—and to make it happen.
Our office is in downtown Seattle. We are venture-funded, with veteran agency and startup founders.
Why Lightboard might be a great fit for you:
- Great customers who love us (read the reviews).
- Progressive and open workplace with 50/50 gender diversity.
- Collaborative work environment with focus on growth and development.
- Transparent culture. No bureaucracy, no secrets.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Never work on your birthday.
- 401k plan
- Unlimited-ride ORCA Card.
- Stock options.
What else? Every team member receives a new Macbook Pro, 4k monitor, and all the fixings. Regular team events, team lunches every Friday, and all the LaCroix you can drink.
To apply, please send your resume, portfolio, and the worst time that Illustrator (or Photoshop or Sketch or MS Paint) has crashed on you.
Applications handled by Hire with Google
(you will be redirected to 'withgoogle.com')
Lightboard is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination.