Jobs > Growth Marketer
Lightboard seeks a talented communicator to share our product with the world.
We are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to major brands like 3M, Autodesk, and CA, as well as innovative younger companies like BloomReach, ExtraHop, and Usermind.
We believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Clients don't need dedicated creative agencies anymore—they've developed their own strategy and just need high-quality design to bring it to life, quickly and efficiently.
And that's what Lightboard does.
About the job
Marketing design is often overlooked. It's called collateral–a catch-all pejorative for presentations, case studies, ebooks, and email templates.
But, as Paul Rand said, "Design is the silent ambassador of your brand."
Overlook design and waste an opportunity to make a lasting first impression.
With our own marketing, we teach our audience the value of design.
How? Well, that's something we need to figure out–and why we're hiring a growth-oriented marketer.
We don't think we can just set up an editorial calendar and call it done–we need to experiment to learn how to capture the imagination of our audience. Speaking appearances, evangelism, conferences, PR, social media, paid ads, video–it's all on the table, and we're looking for someone to help us figure it out.
We know our product works, and we know we're solving a very painful point for our customers. We know that from thousands of customer phone calls and projects. We've tried a few experiments to get in front of our audience in a new way (like our Marketer's Coloring Book and GIVExDESIGN) and are excited to try more.
This is a hands-on position. We want you to be talking to our customers, engaging prospects, and actively figuring out how to capture our market's imagination.
- Direct and straightforward. Our audience, marketing managers, have seen (and read) it all. We won't waste their time.
- Unabashed celebration of the craft of design.
- Low-pressure sales. Selling Lightboard is easy. We do great work. We do it quickly and efficiently. All we have to do is show people what we can do.
How it works:
- Full-time position in our downtown Seattle office.
- Work with CEO, sales, and accounts teams to build and maintain inbound funnel.
- Write emails, landing pages, and posts about design and marketing.
- Actively experiment and iterate on new and possibly unconventional ways to capture our audience's imagination.
What you need:
- Great storytelling and brand strategy skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Urge to explore, discover, and identify what is and is not working.
- Stellar writing. You'll need to write effectively for a number of different audiences—from energetic blogging to concise instructional copy.
Super-duper bonus points:
- Exacting attention to detail. You've already noticed two typos in this post.
- Experience working with marketing managers (or as one).
- Extraordinary collection of cat GIFs.
- Expertise at starting bullet points with E.
Lightboard is a young company—we’ve just had our third birthday. We're looking for awesome people to help us figure out how to grow Lightboard over the next five years—and to make it happen.
Our office is in downtown Seattle. We are venture-funded, with veteran agency and startup founders.
Why Lightboard might be a great fit for you:
- Great customers who love us (read the reviews).
- Progressive and open workplace with 50/50 gender diversity.
- Collaborative work environment with focus on growth and development.
- Transparent culture. No bureaucracy, no secrets.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Never work on your birthday.
- 401k plan
- Unlimited-ride ORCA Card.
- Stock options.
What else? Every team member receives a new Macbook Pro, 4k monitor, and all the fixings. Regular team events, team lunches every Friday, and all the LaCroix you can drink.
To apply, please send your resume, relevant examples of your writing, and your answer to this telling question: is the Oxford comma a judicious decision, a mistake, or a waste of a perfectly good punctuation mark? Please don't send us boilerplate cover letters. We're a different kind of company, and we're looking for applicants who will take the time to get to know Lightboard before applying.
Applications handled by Hire with Google
(you will be redirected to 'withgoogle.com')
Lightboard is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination.