Jobs > Art Director
Lightboard seeks a talented designer and mentor to join our team as an Art Director.
If you have agency or in-house experience managing a small team and designing marketing material for major brands, and want to grow with a great team–read on, my friend, read on.
We are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to major brands like 3M, Autodesk, and CA, as well as innovative younger companies like BloomReach, ExtraHop, and Usermind.
We believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Clients don't need dedicated creative agencies anymore—they've developed their own strategy and just need high-quality design to bring it to life, quickly and efficiently.
And that's what Lightboard does.
About the job
Our design team is filled with superstars, and they're looking for a leader.
Our designers range from talented generalists to brilliant specialists, and they all need a little help now and then–another eye on a project, another voice in the room with the client, and another hand when they're feeling overwhelmed.
Lightboard is a busy place, with hundreds of projects in flight at any given moment. Different clients, different brands, and entirely different types of projects–from branding to illustration to web design. Our art directors are calm and steadying hands.
- Lead group of designers on client projects (team of 4-6 per Art Director).
- Blend of hands-on design, creative direction, and management.
- Coordinate with accounts team and designers to create a balanced and efficient project schedule.
How to know if you're a great fit:
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Strong portfolio of branding, layout, and digital design for modern B2B companies.
- Extraordinary people skills. Nurturing bright team members and charming customers.
- Driven to make a direct impact in a growing company.
Super-duper bonus points:
- Experience working in an early-stage company.
- Entrepreneurial drive to make things happen.
- Enormous collection of cat GIFs.
- Expertise at starting bullet points with E.
Lightboard is a young company—we’ve just had our third birthday. We're looking for awesome people to help us figure out how to grow Lightboard over the next five years—and to make it happen.
Our office is in downtown Seattle. We are venture-funded, with veteran agency and startup founders.
Why Lightboard might be a great fit for you:
- Great customers who love us (read the reviews).
- Progressive and open workplace with 50/50 gender diversity.
- Collaborative work environment with focus on growth and development.
- Transparent culture. No bureaucracy, no secrets.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Never work on your birthday.
- 401k plan
- Unlimited-ride ORCA Card.
- Stock options.
What else? Every team member receives a new Macbook Pro, 4k monitor, and all the fixings. Regular team events, team lunches every Friday, and all the LaCroix you can drink.
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio, and tell us a bit about you.
Applications handled by Hire with Google
(you will be redirected to 'withgoogle.com')
Lightboard is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination.