Lightboard seeks a talented writer to help us celebrate design.
We are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to major brands like 3M, Autodesk, and CA, as well as innovative younger companies like BloomReach, ExtraHop, and Usermind.
We believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Clients don't need dedicated creative agencies anymore—they've developed their own strategy and just need high-quality design to bring it to life, quickly and efficiently.
And that's what Lightboard does.
About The Job
In this contract role, our copywriter will continue the conversation we've started with our audience celebrating the craftsmanship of design. Our copywriter will write blog posts, emails, case studies, and instructional guides for our customers, who are almost entirely young marketing managers.
Marketing design is often overlooked. It's often called collateral–a catch-all pejorative for presentations, case studies, ebooks, and email templates.
But, as Paul Rand said, "Design is the silent ambassador of your brand."
Overlook design and overlook an opportunity to make the right first impression.
With our own marketing, we teach our audience the value of design.
Take a look at our website and our blog to get a sense of our voice. We admire Moz and InVision for how they celebrate and create a conversation around their respective fields.
- Direct and straightforward. Our audience, marketing managers, have seen (and read) all. We won't waste their time.
- Unabashed celebration of the craft of design.
- Low-pressure sales. Selling Lightboard is easy. We do great work. We do it quickly and efficiently. All we have to do is show people what we can do.
How it works:
- Part-time position. Remote, but Seattle candidates preferred. Possibility of full-time for the right candidate.
- Work with CEO and marketing team on content calendar and strategic direction of what we write and when.
- Write blog posts, case studies, and customer guides.
Super-duper bonus points:
- Exacting attention to detail. You've already noticed two typos in this post.
- Experience working with marketing managers (or as one).
- Extraordinary collection of cat GIFs.
- Expertise at starting bullet points with E.
To apply for this position:
- Attach your resume and relevant examples of your writing (blog posts, emails).
- Let us know a few brands whose voice and tone you admire, and why.
- Your answer to this telling question: is the Oxford comma a judicious decision, a mistake, or a waste of a perfectly good punctuation mark?
Lightboard is a young company—we’ve just had our third birthday. We're looking for awesome people to help us figure out how to grow Lightboard over the next five years—and to make it happen.
Our office is in downtown Seattle. We are venture-funded, with veteran agency and startup founders.
Why Lightboard might be a fit for you:
- Great customers who love us (read the reviews).
- Progressive and open workplace with 50/50 gender diversity.
- Collaborative and transparent culture. No bureaucracy, no secrets.
- Unlimited-ride ORCA Card.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Never work on your birthday.
- 401k plan.
- Stock options.
What else? Every team member receives a new Macbook Pro, 4k monitor, and all the fixings. Regular team events, team lunches every Friday, and all the LaCroix you can drink.
Please send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Protip: applications with cat GIFs will be more closely considered than those without. Doggos are an acceptable alternative. Please don't send us that GIF of a cat typing. Yes, it's cute. And yes, we've seen it.
Lightboard is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination.