Director of Customer Success
Lightboard seeks a Director of Customer Success to lead our team of designers and account managers to delight our hundreds of customers.
We are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to major brands like 3M, Autodesk, and CA, as well as innovative younger companies like BloomReach, ExtraHop, and Usermind.
We believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Clients don't need dedicated creative agencies anymore—they've developed their own strategy and just need high-quality design to bring it to life, quickly and efficiently.
And that's what Lightboard does.
About The Job
Our Director of Customer Success will help us identify what our customers need, and shape our product to match it. The director will interface with customers and, internally, work with our awesome team of designers and account managers.
How it works:
- Full-time position in our downtown Seattle office.
- Work closely with accounts and product teams to identify customer needs.
- Manage inbound funnel and marketing efforts.
- Monitor industry trends and customer requests to identify what we can do better.
- Ensure client happiness and cultivate long-term relationships.
- Typical client engagements are $5k - $50k over 1Q to 1Y, with high retention.
We're looking for:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working within an agency environment.
- Experience scheduling and allocating resources.
- Excellent grasp of modern marketing campaigns and platforms (i.e. Marketo, Hubspot, Salesforce)
How to know if you're a great fit:
- Analytical approach to improve process.
- Excited by new beginnings and solving problems.
- Interested in making a direct impact in a growing company.
- Delighted by delivering a product that solves a pain point for our customers.
- Intrigued by the way software can solve the design problems facing marketing departments.
Super-duper bonus points:
- Experience working in an early-stage company.
- Entrepreneurial drive to make things happen.
- Extraordinary collection of funny cat GIFs.
- Expertise at starting bullet points with E.
Lightboard is a young company—we’ve just had our third birthday. We're looking for awesome people to help us figure out how to grow Lightboard over the next five years—and to make it happen.
Our office is in downtown Seattle. We are venture-funded, with veteran agency and startup founders.
Why Lightboard might be a fit for you:
- Great customers who love us (read the reviews).
- Progressive and open workplace with 50/50 gender diversity.
- Collaborative and transparent culture. No bureaucracy, no secrets.
- Unlimited-ride ORCA Card.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Never work on your birthday.
- 401k plan.
- Stock options.
What else? Every team member receives a new Macbook Pro, 4k monitor, and all the fixings. Regular team events, team lunches every Friday, and all the LaCroix you can drink.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, a cover letter, and the best place to get coffee in Seattle to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don't send us boilerplate cover letters. We're a different kind of company, and we're looking for applicants who will take the time to get to know Lightboard before applying.
Lightboard is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination.