Lightboard seeks a talented communicator to share our product with the world.
We are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to established brands like Autodesk, GitHub, and Microsoft, as well as innovative younger companies.
We believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Our clients don't need a full-service creative agency—they've already developed their strategy and need high-quality design to bring it to life, quickly and efficiently.
And that's what Lightboard does.
About The Job
Marketing design is often overlooked. It's called collateral–a catch-all pejorative for presentations, case studies, ebooks, and email templates.
But, as Paul Rand said, "Design is the silent ambassador of your brand."
Overlook design and waste an opportunity to make a lasting first impression.
With our own marketing, we teach our audience the value of design.
How? Well, that's something we need to figure out–and why we're hiring a growth-oriented marketer.
We don't think we can just set up an editorial calendar and call it done–we need to experiment to learn how to capture the imagination of our audience. Speaking appearances, evangelism, conferences, PR, social media, paid ads, video–it's all on the table, and we're looking for someone to help us figure it out.
We know our product works, and we know we're solving a very painful point for our customers. We know that from thousands of customer phone calls and projects.
This is a hands-on position. We want you to be talking to our customers, engaging prospects, and actively figuring out how to capture our market's imagination.
Take a look at our website and our blog to get a sense of our voice. We admire Moz and InVision for how they celebrate and create a conversation around their respective fields.
- Direct and straightforward. Our audience, marketing managers, have seen (and read) it all. We won't waste their time.
- Unabashed celebration of the craft of design.
- Low-pressure sales. Selling Lightboard is easy. We do great work. We do it quickly and efficiently. All we have to do is show people what we can do.
How it works:
- Full-time position in our downtown Seattle office.
- Work with CEO, sales, and accounts teams to build and maintain inbound funnel.
- Write emails, landing pages, and posts about design and marketing.
- Actively experiment and iterate on new and possibly unconventional ways to capture our audience's imagination.
What you need:
- Great storytelling and brand strategy skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Urge to explore, discover, and identify what is and is not working.
- Stellar writing. You'll need to write effectively for a number of different audiences—from energetic blogging to concise instructional copy.
Super-duper bonus points:
- Exacting attention to detail. You've already noticed two typos in this post.
- Experience working with marketing managers (or as one).
- Extraordinary collection of cat GIFs.
- Expertise at starting bullet points with E.
We are a 100% remote team, based in Seattle.
Why Lightboard might be a fit for you:
- Great customers who love us (read the reviews).
- Progressive and open workplace committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Full health and dental benefits.
- Matching 401k plan.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Never work on your birthday.
What else? Every team member receives a new Macbook Pro, 4k monitor, and all the fixings.
To apply, please send your resume, relevant examples of your writing, and your answer to this telling question: is the Oxford comma a judicious decision, a mistake, or a waste of a perfectly good punctuation mark?
Please don't send us boilerplate cover letters. We're a different kind of company, and we're looking for applicants who will take the time to get to know Lightboard before applying.
Apply via Email
To apply, send an email to email@example.com
Lightboard is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination.