Product Designer (UX)
Lightboard seeks a product designer to help us build the UX and UI for our collaboration platform.
We are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to major brands like 3M, Autodesk, and CA, as well as innovative younger companies like BloomReach, ExtraHop, and Usermind.
We believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Clients don't need dedicated creative agencies anymore—they've developed their own strategy and just need high-quality design to bring it to life, quickly and efficiently.
And that's what Lightboard does.
About The Job
We're building a complex collaboration platform. It's something like Slack-meets-Pinterest, with a bit of Drift and Hubspot thrown in. That means we're dealing with realtime collaboration, notifications, complex interfaces, image manipulation, and a bunch of meaty stuff that we're just starting to figure out.
And we're looking for an awesome candidate to help us design and build it.
The right candidate will have:
- A wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night zeal for making great product.
- A curiosity about our customers and how they're using software.
- Experience designing UX and workflows for successful web-based products.
- A keen eye for micro-interactions and a deft eye for design.
What you need:
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Expertise with professional UX design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, and/or Sketch).
- Experience working in a professional digital product environment (web-based or app).
How it works:
- Full-time position in our downtown Seattle office.
- Coordinate with product leaders and engineers on design and execution of new interfaces.
- Wireframe interfaces and workflows, and oversee execution.
- Listen to user feedback on interfaces, and iterate on improving them.
Lightboard is a young company—we’ve just had our third birthday. We're looking for awesome people to help us figure out how to grow Lightboard over the next five years—and to make it happen.
Our office is in downtown Seattle. We are venture-funded, with veteran agency and startup founders.
Why Lightboard might be a fit for you:
- Great customers who love us (read the reviews).
- Progressive and open workplace with 50/50 gender diversity.
- Collaborative and transparent culture. No bureaucracy, no secrets.
- Unlimited-ride ORCA Card.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Never work on your birthday.
- 401k plan.
- Stock options.
What else? Every team member receives a new Macbook Pro, 4k monitor, and all the fixings. Regular team events, team lunches every Friday, and all the LaCroix you can drink.
We are a highly-technical organization with a pragmatic approach to engineering. Our CTO formerly ran a 30-person team of engineers at a top-tier dev shop in Seattle (Substantial) and was on the advisory board of Ada Developers Academy. Our CEO, in addition to being trained by some of the best product minds in Silicon Valley, co-founded Code Fellows and organized SeattleJS.
Our platform is built with React but, for the right candidate, technical expertise is not necessary.
We're venture-funded and at the beginning of something very big and very interesting. And we're looking for awesome people to help make this happen.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, portfolio, and a description of the single most frustrating device or interface you've ever encountered to email@example.com
Lightboard is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination.