Jobs > Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Lightboard seeks a gifted storyteller to help us deliver on our mission: everyone deserves great design.
We are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to major brands like 3M, Autodesk, and CA, as well as innovative younger companies like BloomReach, Flexport, and Trello.
We believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Most clients don't need mega-budget campaigns run by a creative agency—they've developed their own strategy and need high-quality design to bring it to life.
In other words, customers don't need fancy conference rooms with a bunch of suits throwing ideas around: they need quality design, delivered quickly and efficiently.
And that's what Lightboard does.
About the job
Selling Lightboard is easy. We do great work. We do it quickly and efficiently. All we have to do is show people what we can do.
We are adding an SDR to shepherd leads from curious to customer. The role will work hand-in-hand with marketing and accounts to develop effective ways to discover and convert leads.
You'll be talking day in and day out with our typical customer: a B2B marketing manager at a medium to large company. She and her team need to keep up the pace with content marketing, display ads, and landing pages—and keep the sales team powered with infographics, presentations, case studies, and eBooks.
She has an established brand, and needs help maintaining quality and pushing the brand forward. But she doesn't have enough in-house design resources, and that's why she needs us.
For our customers, we're their go-to service for all things design. They request projects through our web-based system, and our account managers coordinate projects with customers and designers through our Lightboard platform—software written with the express purpose of making account management easier.
We know our product works, and we know we're solving a very painful point for our customers. We know that from thousands of customer phone calls and projects. We've tried a few experiments to get in front of our audience in a new way (like our Marketer's Coloring Book and GIVExDESIGN) and are excited to try more.
This is a hands-on position, dynamic position–you won't be just another seat in a pod. We want you to be talking to our customers, engaging prospects, and actively figuring out how to capture our market's imagination.
- Direct and straightforward. Our audience, marketing managers, have seen (and read) it all. We won't waste their time.
- Unabashed celebration of the craft of design.
- Low-pressure sales. Selling Lightboard is easy. We do great work. All we have to do is show people what we can do.
How it works:
- Full-time position in our downtown Seattle office.
- Work with CEO, sales, and accounts teams to build and grow funnel (we use Hubspot and a bunch of purpose-built marketing automation).
- Write personalized emails as well as drip campaigns and landing pages.
- Analyze open rates and funnel conversion to discover opportunities.
- Demo our software and service to leads, and coordinating with our Account Managers to close contracts.
- Actively experiment and iterate on new and possibly unconventional ways to capture our audience's imagination.
What you need:
- Great storytelling and brand strategy skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Tireless energy and enthusiasm for customer success.
- Urge to explore, discover, and identify what is and is not working.
Super-duper bonus points:
- Exacting attention to detail. You've already noticed two typos in this post.
- Experience working with marketing managers (or as one).
- Extraordinary collection of cat GIFs.
- Expertise at starting bullet points with E.
Lightboard is a young company—we’ve just had our third birthday. We're looking for awesome people to help us figure out how to grow Lightboard over the next five years—and to make it happen.
Our office is in downtown Seattle. We are venture-funded, with veteran agency and startup founders.
Why Lightboard might be a great fit for you:
- Great customers who love us (read the reviews).
- Progressive and open workplace with 50/50 gender diversity.
- Collaborative work environment with focus on growth and development.
- Transparent culture. No bureaucracy, no secrets.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Unlimited-ride ORCA Card.
- Stock options.
What else? Every team member receives a new Macbook Pro, 4k monitor, and all the fixings. Generous vacation policy, never work on your birthday, team lunches every Friday, and all the LaCroix you can drink.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and the best way to convince someone that Seattle summers really are the best.
Applications handled by Hire with Google
(you will be redirected to 'withgoogle.com')
Lightboard is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination.